Title: Graduate Design Co-ordinator
Salary: £22.5k to £24.5k
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Hours: 8 to 5, 1 hour lunch break included.
Construction related degree preferred.
Interest in a career in design management
Can understand construction drawings
Experience 0-1 years
Please contact Yiksum Lau (email@example.com) with your CV and contact number.
- To work under the design manager’s direction
- Assist with flow of information for design development.
- Collation of fabrication packs for production
- Recording of minutes in design and production meetings.
- Review received structural engineers’ and architects’ information to ensure all relevant information is available and ready to begin design development process.
- Under the direction of the design managers, assist in managing the flow of specific design information to subcontract detailers and structural engineers.
- Respond to queries from subcontract detailers and structural engineers, providing them with relevant information to develop the design for contracted works.
- Prepare mark ups to request information for subcontract detailers and structural engineers to develop the design for contracted works including raising RFI with LA Metalwork’s document controller.
- Review and check General Arrangement drawings by subcontracted detailers using QA process as prescribed in our procedure manual for accuracy of information.
- Review and check fabrication drawings using QA process as prescribed in our procedure manual for accuracy of information.
- Assist in the preparation of fabrication packs by collating information received from subcontract detailers.
- Prepare necessary design information, including As Built drawings, technical specifications and relevant testing certificates for the document controller to compile and submit O&M Manuals to client at the end of construction phase.